Learning Targets Gas Laws
- I can use the concept of an ideal gas to explain the behavior of gases.
- I can list the 4 postulates of the Kinetic Molecular Theory.
- I can differentiate between real gases and ideal gases.
- I can identify the two gases that behave most ideally as hydrogen and helium.
- I can determine the conditions that a real gas can behave ideally as those with high temperatures and low pressure.
- I can use Avogadro’s hypothesis to determine that when temperature and pressure are constant, equal volumes of gases contain equal numbers of molecules.
- I can comprehend that one mole (6.02 x 1023 particles) of any gas at STP has a mass equal to the formula mass.