Learning Targets Periodic Table
- I can explain how Mendeleev set up his Periodic Table and compare it to how Mosely set up the Modern Periodic Table.
- I can classify elements as metals, metalloids or nonmetals.
- I can recall properties of metals, metalloids and nonmetals.
- I can identify periods and groups on the periodic table and use location to determine shells and valence electrons an element has.
- I can compare elements by their chemical properties based on the group that they are in on the periodic table.
- I can name specific groups on the periodic table and explain how those elements behave.
- I can compare trends on the periodic table such as atomic radius, ionization energy and electronegativity using Table S.
- I can define ionization energy and electronegativity.
- I can predict which elements will be reactive and those that will not.
- I can identify an allotrope as an element that exists in the same phase but in two or more forms such as O2 and O3.